The Parish was established in 1957 initially in Wadsworth, where Mass was celebrated at the community church. Land was purchased in Fernley and a church was built in 1960 at the Corner of West and Cedar Streets.
The Parish outgrew the small building, and in 2010 began construction of a new building on Desert Shadows Lane. We moved into the building in April of 2011, and dedicated it in May of that same year.
We are part of the Diocese of Reno, with Bishop Randolph Calvo as our Ordinary. Our Pastor is Fr. Robert W. Chorey. He was ordained in 2002, and has served at St. Albert the Great and St. Teresa of Avila. He was named as Administrator of St. Robert Bellarmine in August of 2004, and became the offical Pastor the following year. Fr. Bob also serves as dean.
Pastors of St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic Church
Fr. Robert W. Chorey 2004-present
Fr. Thomas Cronin 2000-2004
Fr. Martin Perrier 1997-1998
Fr. Malaquias Fuerzas 1996-1997
Fr. Brian Gallagher 1994-1996
Fr. Anthony Vercellone 1992-1993
Fr. John Andrew Sullivan 1991-1992 *deceased
Fr. Robert Simpson 1985-1991
Fr. Jim Swenson 1984-1985 * deceased
Msgr. Tom Meger 1973-1984 *deceased
Fr. Steve Campbell 1971-1973
Fr. Al Fosselman 1970-1971
Fr. George Wolf 1966-1968
Fr. Joseph Linde 1955-1966 *deceased